Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Wait (a letter to my daughter)

I have been told to enjoy the wait. This is an extremely hard thing to do in the realm of the unknown. The unknown being: When will you be born? When will we meet you? And who will you be? I believe that God knows the answer to all these things and I trust that in His time we will too. I find comfort in knowing that God decides these things for us rather than us choosing for ourselves. So I thank Him everyday for the wait knowing that we will end up with the most perfect baby girl for our family. Do I enjoy the wait? No. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It stretches my faith and my patience in ways I never thought possible. I'm trying to keep my mind busy by journaling my feelings, and making things for you. Right now I long for you, I miss you, and I have an empty void in my heart for you. I love you and I don't even know you. I can't wait to meet you, but I have to. So as we face more of a wait I'll lean on God to pull me through and give me strength until I can meet you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Grandma to Noah, who lights up my life, I share the wait with you. Your disappointment in the wait is also my disappointment. Having gone through difficult periods having my own children, I thank God daily for giving me 3
beautiful daughters. Now I pray and long for a granddaughter. I pray for you to be fulfilled once more as a mother. I pray for Noah to know the joy of having a sister and I pray for Jeffrey to have a daughter, because all the world knows that every daddy needs a little girl! The wait may seem
endless and the days long but we know this wondrous thing will happen when it's supposed to. Until then we'll dream about her, get her room ready for her, talk about the day you bring her home into the heart of our family.
The very thought brings an anticipation, a tug at my heart and tears to my eyes that I haven't known in a very long time. We will do this together
with His guidance and love.

I love you dearly my children, my Booba, and my sweet baby girl!

Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Wow! Roger and I are so privileged to have you, Jeff and Noah as our neighbors. It has been an exciting "ride" with you. Starting with the fact that we prayed for you when we moved in to the neighborhood and there was no house on your lot. Just an empty lot. When you first moved in, we met Jeff and Noah was a baby. We never saw you and we teased Jeff that Dana must be a figment of his imagination.

As time went on, we got to know all 3 of you better. The day you asked Jesus into your heart is such a sweet memory for us. We have watched you and Jeff grow in your faith by leaps and bounds. We have been through the ups and downs with you during this adoption process. We already love this little daughter of yours that God has chosen just for you. How awesome is that????? We have prayed with you and for you - and we are probably just as anxious us the "real" Grandparents.

God is using this time of waiting to "grow your faith and patience". Waiting is so hard - but what a wonderful gift he is giving you.

Please know that we just love you all and pray for you all daily.

The wait is long but the gift is wonderful.