Thursday, June 15, 2006

History of the adoption

Let me back up and tell our story of how we came to this point in our lives. When we got pregnant with Flippity, we felt that the world was right. The natural progression of a family was taking place and we were delighted. Everyone kept telling us that we shouldn't wait so long to have another one. I wanted the children to be spread apart by 3+ years. So just before Flippity turned 2 we started trying again. When the trying turned into a year, we went to seek help. The conclusion was that the Dr.s didn't know what the problem was and could only label us as infertile because there was no explanation for the situation. We tried fertility meds, and when my heart had been broken for the last time through that process I said ENOUGH!!

I had never really considered adoption at all until we started having these problems. I feel like God has been telling us for awhile that we were to adopt, we just weren't listening (or we had to take these steps to get here). When He was finally screaming in our ears "YOU WILL ADOPT FROM ETHIOPIA" we started listening. It didn't take me long to fall in love with the idea or the children there. We filled out the application for adoption on January 24, 2006. We had our final homestudy on February 15, 2006, and we had our I171-H form back by April 24, 2006.

The progression of the process has been easy, quick, and we have really had no bumps in the road so far. I know I shouldn't be waiting by the phone since we've only been waiting 7 weeks, and we are facing a wait of 7 months, but I can't help but hold my breath every time I answer the phone. I do feel that our child will come into our lives when God is ready to put her here. So until then...

No comments: