Thursday, June 22, 2006

O.K. We're ready

The Big Guy and I just finished watching an adoption story about a couple adopting a little girl from Ethiopia, through tears of course. How can we possibly be expected to wait 5 more months? Is it humanly possible? 5 months is an eternity (as was 7, 2 months ago). I can't complain (o.k. maybe I can) about the wait because China adoptions are taking 2 years! Domestic adoptions- forget it, you'd be retired by the time you were matched with a family! I have always lived in a predominantly white community and color was obvious to me. I am slowly turning the corner to seeing the person, not the color. I suppose when this transition is complete is when it will be our turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dana -- I got here through Mandy's blog. It's nice to connect with other families waiting for baby girls!

Best wishes for a quick referral.