Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Just Keep Busy

We've just rounded the 8 week waiting mark (hooray!) for our child. One week closer to our baby girl. There has only been a couple of referrals this week for people on my message board, but a couple is better than none. I am trying to keep busy by making things for the baby's room. I feel like I'm flying through these projects, and I better slow down. I hurt my back last week, so that has put a halt to the excercise program. I just ordered wallpaper for the bedroom, so it's slowly getting there. When I stand back and think of all that needs to be done yet, I realize there is so much. Most people who have just received referrals are saying to get it all done before you get a referral, because when it comes there's a whole new frenzie of things to do. I am at an amazing sense of peace this week about the adoption. I know our daughter isn't born yet because I can't feel it (or at least that's what I keep telling myself). So far the weeks of waiting are flying by, and as long as I don't completely obsess over the referral the time is sure to pass quickly. I'm sure in future posts you will notice that my mind is transforming into that of a deranged lunatic. Until then...

No comments: