Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Epiphany

Just as I am grumbling about all the waiting for a referral it dawns on me how many Ethiopian orphans must be being adopted. If all these children are being placed in a "better" situation in life, it only makes sense that this generation of children could quite possibly be the ones who change the face of Ethiopia. If they are all brought up in a better lifestyle and have a better education than they could have gotten in their birth country, it should be empowering to them to be able to make a difference for Ethiopia in the future. Are all of us adopting parents ready for that!? What a great and abundant life we have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this thought -- I notice that through this long wait, I've started thinking of Ethiopia as one of my countries. I feel a personal responsibility and connection similar to the way I feel about the U.S.