Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Time

Has it really been 2 months since our referral for baby G? I have to admit time has not stood still. In part, because I am in school - a great distractor by the way - and there is so much to do. I feel like we'll be running around like crazy peeps when we finally get travel news. There has been quite the lull at our agency for court dates so hopefully within the next couple weeks somebody will hear something. On a fun side note - we've made the switch to cloth diapers. I have been through 2 in disposables and decided that 2 in diapers at the same time would nearly kill us financially so we did it. I put baby M in them right away (baby M will now be referred to as Licks until further notice). I really, really like them. It is not hard to handle them at all. I am washing them myself. The Big Guy was concerned that since we can't keep up with laundry as is how will we be able to wash diapers? Well, our problem is not washing the clothes it is folding them. Thats what takes the most time (and everybody hates). The cloth diapers do not need to be folded so its easy. Our bathrooms already smell better. I feel like our bathroom smelled like a nursing home even if we emptied and wiped out the garbage can daily.

Speaking of Licks - he will be 2 years old in 2 weeks. I can't even start to wrap my head around having a party for him, although we have a house full of people coming. Where does the time go? Has it really been 4 years since we fell for Ethiopia? I feel like if I stop and blink my eyes 4 more years will fly by:(.

No comments: