Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Diagnosis...

I have 'diagnosed' or 'labeled' baby M as a 'high-need baby'.

This includes things like: needs to be held all the time and in constant motion, hates being confined (swaddled, carseat), demands (by high pitched screaming) whatever he wants, erratic sleep (not a good napper), and various other 'features'. I was at my wits end the other day with him. I threw my hands up and begged for help. We walked around the block the other morning at 3:00 am in the baby carrier, nonetheless. The whole time I was crying and begging God for help. We thought there was something wrong (medically) with him. He drains my energy daily with his demanding demeanor. Now that I have a label for him and understand that there is nothing wrong with him, I feel much better. I believe that God will give me the strength I need to deal with him. I know I am not spoiling him by carrying him all the time, it's what he needs. It makes it all less frustrating to know that it's just his personality. It doesn't, however, make it easier to be sleep deprived but that's what you get with kids. Stay tuned for more exciting updates.

2 comments:

Love+ Mama said...

A mother's patience can not be matched!

Sorry we missed you in Madison! It was a wedding filled weekend, so our schedule probably wouldn't have allowed much of a visit, but we do go up every now and then...we'll let ya know!

Mamato2 said...

Get the book "The Baby whisperer solves all your problems"latest edition. I swear, it is saving my life!! :)