Monday, December 04, 2006

Feeling Better, Getting Fatter

Yay! The morning sickness has nearly subsided completely. I still have a nauseating aversion to the smell of soap, though. That was the same story with Flippity too. It's hard to do laundry, and taking a shower is my nemesis. Also, I can't stand the smell of anybody. Not stinky people, just normal pheremones. YUCK!

I don't know how normal people gain only 25 pounds during a pregnancy. My normal calorie intake (that keeps me at the weight I like) is 1200 cal. per day, even if I am working out all the time. That's nearly impossible when you are pregnant. I know I don't have to sit down to a Pizza Hut deep dish meat lovers pizza daily (I have learned a few things from the previous pregnancy). But in order to keep the body feeling well, I have to eat something every 2-3 hours. That usually consists of toast, a small sandwich, fruit, or whatever sounds good at the time. I lost my baby weight the last time, granted it took a few years, but nonetheless I lost it. This time I hope not to gain 50 pounds, because I've heard that it's harder to lose weight when you are over 30.

I have a midwife appt. on Wed. We heard the baby's heartbeat a few days ago, so I know she's still in there.

No comments: