Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fast approaching week 19

Soon, a couple of weeks I think, the courts will re-open in Ethiopia. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I just want so badly for us to have our baby girl home by Christmas. I don't know how likely it will be, but I keep praying for it. I am an emotional wreck right now. I can't even hardly talk about the adoption without becoming choked up. I know we need to have patience, and we do, but I can't help the emotional turmoil during it all.

Flippity starts pre-school a week from Monday. He is so excited, and so am I. He needs the interaction with other kids. Hopefully by the time we bring home our daughter he will be totally ready to share (yeah right!). It makes me sad to look at all the baby pictures of him and think where did the time go? I've been a stay at home mom for the past 4 years and still I'm baffled by how the time slips through my grasp, and before you know it: pre-school. That was never going to happen to me, I would never be the mom who said where did the time go? and they just grow up so fast! Well, here I am saying it and feeling it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you as you wait -- it is so, so trying. I won't tell you it gets easier after your referral comes! It does get less abstract, which helps some, but it also gets that much harder because you know who she is.

Can't wait to hear you got the call!