Sunday, September 24, 2006

5 month anniversary

Today marks the day of our 5 month anniversary of waiting. When we started the journey we thought we'd have our referral by now for sure. Good thing we can't see the future, and it's not in our hands anyway! The courts, contradictory to what I'd previously thought, are still not open. Our agency sent out a mass e-mail a couple of days ago stating that the courts really aren't open and probably will not be until later this week. At this point much of their information I'm taking with a grain of salt and not holding fast to it. They have been wrong before and until EVERY agency can collaboratively state that the courts are open I will not believe it. Sometimes I feel like we're being told what we want to hear, not what is factual. I've gotten my hopes up for the last time in this process. I am very leary of quoted timeframes at this point. We have been told to expect a referral by Feb/March. This, too, I am hesitant to believe. The proof is in the puddin' baby! I'm ready to go the distance, whatever it takes for my daughter. If it takes more than 6 months, so be it. I just don't want to be patronized with "best case scenario" timeframes any longer. I don't want another phone call from the agency until it's THE CALL. Don't call me to tell me I'll be waiting longer, I already expect to. Just call me when you have my daugher. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

P.S. I'm not really trying to be nasty and I'm not mad at the agency. I'm just putting my game face on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the extended wait, Dana. You're a lot more patient than I was! I have used up every ounce of my patience and I'm just trying to survive the days until I can see Juleah.

I'm thinking of you.