Friday, June 05, 2009

This is it!

Tomorrow we board the plane to Ethiopia. It is so very hard to leave children behind. A fellow blogger said that after you say goodbye, just don't look back. Eyes on the prize. All of it still seems surreal that in several hours my feet will be on a different continent. This baby that people keep sending me pictures of is going to be in my arms soon - she's actually real. I suppose its a bit like giving birth, only not as painful. I remember having the same out of control feeling before giving birth to both boys. I remember feeling 'just a little bit longer, I'm not ready yet'. But I am also a person who likes to dive in head first without testing the waters, so I know I'll be O.K. Besides, I'll have the Big Guy with me and he is quite calm in situations where I can't be. This is not like going to Disney World folks!

1 comment:

writex3 said...

Congratulations! I'm a friend of Anne's, so that makes us friends, too (-: Have a great journey! We leave shortly to adopt our 2nd as well, and Anne has assured me that all the feelings you've described, which I independently described to her, are perfectly normal. You're going to have a great trip - can't wait to see pictures!
-Steph