Friday, August 31, 2007

Why Oh Why....

Won't my baby sleep? It's not that the night time sleep is such a problem, it's just that he won't nap. And not only that he won't nap, he also won't be allowed out of anyones arms for more than 30 seconds before screaming his head off. Of course I am the one who is around most of the time, so it is I that is glued to Baby M all. day. long. Some say just let him cry. I don't do crying babies. I've never been able to handle the screaming for long. I will do whatever it takes (appropriately of course) to stop a baby from crying. If you ask my mother and everyone else over the age of 50, I am spoiling him by holding him all the time. My opinion is that you cannot spoil a baby, some just like to be held more than others. Some like to sleep more than others. Some drive you nuts more than others. And the icing on the cake is that in 6 days The Big Guy is leaving for a boundary waters camping extravaganza FOR 10 DAYS! I doubt if sanity is even possible by the end (for me that is). I look forward to the days end when the X-Terra is pulling into the driveway and I can hand off Baby M to an adoring daddy. Now I won't have that for 10 DAYS! For the love, does anyone have any suggestions? Some days it's this cuteness that keeps my sanity.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!! I am over 50 and I don't think you are spoiling him by holding him....however he probably is getting really use to that by now. Trev was the SAME way and you do survive. The difference is he was first so I knew no other way. Does he like a snuggli? That would free up your arms and hands!! He is so dang cute but that doesn't give you back your sanity. Wish I lived closer....I would definitely lend you my arms to hold him. It doesn't really help I am sure, but this too shall pass!!

LOVE YOU
Aunt Sara
NC

Love+ Mama said...

Boys are precious- and ours a just a few months apart! Please tell me I'll get peed on less as he gets older!

Also your wall of portraits is great! Congrats on your growing family.

-Sarah

The Silver Fox said...

Kids are so funny... Josie always wanted to be held and snuggled. Had to be rocked to sleep for a long time (yes, we got over that one in an effort towards healthy sleep habits!), but Miss Norah doesn't like snuggling at all. For her, being held is just a playtime activity or a form of transportation. Two kids... two very different personalities.

Congratulations on your family and your plans to keep on growing!

Molly

Anonymous said...

Well, this is your "over 50" mom and I don't really think you're spoiling him either (I was just joking with you). He probably just has your number now. No one can soothe like mom can! You know I'll help you as much as I can while Jeffrey is gone. We'll figure something out. In the meantime it won't hurt to put him in his crib for a bit with the door shut to give yourself a few mins kid free. He can cry a bit. Shut off the baby monitor for a few mins. It'll be fine. Once he realizes you'll be coming back, he'll settle down. You WILL get through this with sanity intact. Trust me! Been there!

Love,
Mom