Tuesday, February 27, 2007

So here's the new info...

2 Weeks ago we met with an OB to discuss the outcome of this placenta percreta. She was very encouraging that I would survive it (my biggest fear). She did say that only the MRI can provide us with the information that we need to know (if indeed the placenta is invading the bladder wall). So we will have another U/S in 2 weeks and probably an MRI to follow. If it is the placenta percreta then I will have a hysterectomy, it's really the only way one can survive a surgery of this magnitude. The baby will be born around week 35, barring any other complications, regardless if it is a percreta or not (due to the placenta previa). I will need a bladder repair, due to the lack of a bladder wall after the hysterectomy. As you can imagine, the recovery will be longer due to the intensity of the surgery. So, if God can move mountains and create human life, then indeed he can provide a bladder wall for me in the next 2 weeks. At least that is what our prayer is for. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I haven't checked your blog forever! Hang in there, I wish the best for you and your family!